We are looking for a technical support engineer that is enthusiastic about all things IT and who is always actively looking for ways to enhance our IT infrastructure by fulfilling not only our current needs but also planning for our future requirements in an ever-changing technology environment, who will be based in our Cape Town Office in the Steenberg Office Park, Constantia – This is a full-time in-office position.
- Installing, configuring and updating Linux/Mac Laptop computer systems.
- Providing technical support on-site or remotely to a hybrid and international user base.
- Repairing hardware malfunctions, software issues, and networking problems or engaging with 3rd party vendors to perform specialised repairs.
- Supporting authentication systems such as Google Workspace and LastPass.
- Responding to IT/Cloud support requests.
- Diagnose software, networking, or hardware issues.
- Ensuring the IT infrastructure system software is up to date.
- Relevant IT Degree/Diploma/Certification is a plus.
- Experience with Cloud Solutions, ie, AWS
- 2+ years of proven work experience as a technical support engineer on Linux and Vtiger.
- Google workspace suite of applications administration experience.
- Experience with endpoint security.
- Good networking troubleshooting skills.
- Knowledge of computer hardware and networking systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex hardware and software issues.
- Familiarity with POPI and ISO 27001 certifications is a plus.
- CompTIA A+ and/or N+ a plus
- Good time management skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good proactive, analytical and logical thinking.
- Currently based in Cape Town
Qualities that are important to us
- Deadline driven
- Clear communicator
- Ready to be accountable
- Have a keen eye for detail
- Have a proven multi-tasking record
- Stress-tolerant and great at shifting priorities as demands change